Holly’s research specializations include both online and on-site research, with a focus on eighteenth-, nineteenth- and early twentieth-century United States genealogy collections.
Her online strategy makes use of record databases, digital publications, and group networks to get the most out of the documentation and information that is available for every state in the country. Through her memberships in various genealogy organizations, and through subscription services, she can search a multitude of collections that may not be available for general public access.
Through various New York State repositories in her area, Holly can research records on the town, county and state level, which are not available online. As an archivist and a genealogist, she has extensive familiarity researching in libraries, archives and courthouses.
- Holly’s projects have included activities such as
- Developing research plans
- Researching, analyzing and evaluating genealogy records
- Fulfilling document lookup requests
- Heir searches
- Assisting in the development of heritage travel itineraries
Types of Records
- Records she has utilized have covered a wide range of research collections:
- Vital records (birth, marriage & death)
- Census records
- Church records
- Newspaper collections
- Immigration and naturalization records
- Military records
- Land records
- Published county histories and family genealogies
Regions of the United States
Holly has experience searching for New England, Mid-Atlantic, Mid-Western and Western United States genealogy records. Past projects have concentrated on:
U.S. Research Network
To broaden her reach of U.S. genealogy collections outside of New York State which you cannot find online, Holly is developing her own database of repositories and continues to expand her network of genealogists, librarians and archivists throughout the country.
To learn more about how Holly uses her research specializations in practice, you can review her Genealogy Research Services .
Do you need research assistance finding a U.S. ancestor? Holly may be able to assist you! Click on the button below to submit your family history question.